Unlike most people I love the work that I do. however I had dreams and projects I wanted to achieve that I did not have the time or money to accomplish. I needed a plan B and that is when I came across Network Marketing (NWM).
Although NWM is controversial and most people say, ‘isn’t this a pyramid’ scheme, it is the business process that Robert Kiyosaki and Donald Trump promote. These are men who have made it in the real world in terms of wealth and business experience. Robert Kiyosaki’s book Rich Man, Poor Man has sold over 26 million copies and has been on the New York Times Top 10 Bestsellers list for over 8 years. Thus they are entitled to offer good advise in this regard.
Why is there a need for a different business model in the 21st Century?
- In our current economic depression most people need a plan B to survive. The number of people living below the poverty line is increasing rapidly and the number of people working beyond the age of 65 years is more prevalent owing to the need to survive.
- It is a fallacy to believe that you can have a job for life that will provide security and retirement benefits. Most people change jobs every 4.2 years and the increase in redundancy and unemployment is evident everywhere.
- Added to that job competition is international – why pay an accountant in South Africa ZAR500 when you can pay someone in India ZAR50?
- Many jobs are being replaced by mechanization and computer technology.
What does NWM have to offer?
1. You own your own business and thus determine your own destiny.
Robert Kiyosaki says 95% of people are Employees or Specialists.
Employees are seeking job security but they have to pay higher taxes, they are told what to do by others and are often not a part of the decision making process in their work arena that makes what they do an expression of what they believe in.
Specialists value their Independence and have a higher income earning capacity, but most often they have no time – they don’t own their small businesses, their business owns them.
Kioysaki’s Poor Dad, his own father who was a hardworking Educationalist told Robert to go to school, to university, get a job and stay out of debt. This is thinking that grew out of the Industrial Era and it is what most of us were taught and what many of us tell our own children. His Rich Dad however told him to get a real world education, that does not necessarily come from our current educational institutions. If we had ‘Make Money While You Sleep 101’ at University I am sure we would all have done it. His Rich Dad encouraged Robert to move address, from the Left hand side of the Cash Flow Quadrant to the right hand side where he would be a Big Business Owner. Here he could get stop exchanging time for money, as most of us do, live without the stress of surviving and rather, get other people to work for him. By doing so he would gain the money to become an Investor and build wealth so that his money works for him too.
Most of us do not have the money to start a Big Business or Invest, we have a JOB remember (Just Over Broke) and a PHD (Poor ,Helpless & Desperate).
The only way to do so is to through NWM
2. You grow in Personal Development which is essential in any Business Model today.
It is less about how much money you have but WHO YOU BECOME in the process.
You learn to face fears, what motivates you, how to persist and be continuous until you reach your desired destination.
3. You become an Entrepreneur, someone who makes things happen and a Leader.
If you are not a leader according to your unique potential you are underachieving. Anyone can do this Business it is a great Leveler.
4. You begin to Dream again.
If you want to change who you are change the size of your dream. regain your personal power and believe in yourself.
You no longer say, ‘I can’t afford it’ but what plan can I make to be bigger than my debt. Broke is a temporary condition, Poor is a state of mind.
Thoreau, 18th century theologian said:
I learned this…that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
from being a Survivor to a being a Success and
to Living Life on our own terms.
- You become your own boss and determine your own future
- For a small amount of money you get to be in charge of your own NWM business
- You make the transition from Employee to Big Business owner and Investor part-time until you have the money to be part-time
- You have the support of a NWM company (obviously if you chose the right one) that will
- do all the admin – the personalized websites, ethics, compensation plan, product development etc.
- do all the training – moving from an archaic way of thinking and doing business by building relationships and community requires a new mindset and a new set of skills. You are always a volunteer but if you show up you have incredible resources at your disposal. We are in the Information Age now and we need to use different ways of communicating and doing business.
- You will learn the difference between money and wealth. Working hard at making money will never create wealth if you do not own your own business and if you are doing so on your own. Wealth is not measured by the size of the income, but it is measured in time. If you stopped working right now how long could you survive.
In the past we lived in a healthy way with the nature around us that provides food and shelter and we lived as clans. As we have moved away from the recognition of our interdependence with nature we have also become left brain dominant, socially inept and we have developed business models that do not connect us with each other but that encourage competition. The wealth inherent in NWM is building relationships and living as community again where we have each other’s backs. Because if I succeed so do you and vice versa.
The NWM Company I have chosen and why
- I have chosen a NWM company that has credible leaders. They have integrity and they are innovative, they know how to be creative and to fix problems. They have done this business from its inception themselves so they authentically know how to teach us to be Entrepreneurs and Leaders too. They are people who not only
Make a Living…Living, but Make a Living …Giving
- It is a company that has remarkable training. As a Psychotherapist who has spent over 30 years teaching others about Personal Development I have grown enormously personally and professionally through this company.
- They believe in the Ecopsychology work that I do and in the understanding that good mental health and environmental sustainability go hand in hand. In other words get back into nature for your own emotional wellbeing and to connect with yourself, and start living again with each other as a clan. The Swimming with Dolphins Dream Trip will be launched in February 2015.
- They are audited by Ernst and Young who do all their due diligence. In fact the co-founders of this company were nominated as Finalists in the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award in 2010. Out of 100 Finalists they came 5th.
- The motto of the company is Fun, Freedom and Fulfillment and the product involves no overheads and so much fun